Happy 4th of July! We feel so blessed to live in this great country. The 4th is kind of busy in Chicago. Well let's face it, when the weather is nice everything is busy in Chicago. The crowd for fireworks viewing was 2 million strong, not to mention they do the show 2 nights in a row. But we were smart and stayed far far away. Driving over an overpass last night at 11:30 we saw that the freeway was gridlocked. I am at work today, and will be taking the train home to avoid the traffic tonight. Hope you all enjoy the picnics, time with family, and the fireworks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sad that you have to work. I bet the fireworks are amazing there. We opted to stay here in Hillsboro again this year although we heard the coast is amazing and also the riverfront. But because fireworks are not illegal here everyone puts on their own little show (all week!) it is fabulous! and michael is in heaven and gets to feed his pyro addiction.
happy 4th! we love you.
Post a Comment