Rant completed. If you are still with me- wow, thanks. On to the actual post.
As per husband's orders the Christmas decorations are NOT to go up until AFTER thanksgiving, even though I had plenty of time before the holiday. But to be fair to the husband (who I love and adore, and who is the only one that can reel me in when I get a little too excited about something) he let me put them up as early as I wanted during our first year in Chicago. I think my tearful explanation of "if I can't go home for the holidays I should be able to put my Christmas tree up whenever I want" and his overwhelming school schedule helped me win the case that year. Last year we were home for Thanksgiving, and this year he put his proverbial foot down. There are many times when my husband is so much smarter/practical than me. If the tree was up we would not have had room for everyone that came for a Friday Thanksgiving dinner.
First a big Thanks to all our friends that were able to come over for our Thanksgiving "After Party". We had a lot of fun and everyone contributed to the deliciousness of the meal. We have been trying to live it up as we will not all be together next year. These wonderful people have been our family away from home. We will miss them dearly.
And on to the Christmas season! Growing up there wasn't an abundance of Christmas spirit in our house. I usually decorated the tree while everyone else watched tv. I wrapped all the presents, including my own. I baked and decorated all the Christmas cookies. Granted I like doing these activities, but they are always more fun when you are with others. I am blessed with a husband who enjoys doing these things with me because he knows they are meaningful to me. So with 2 Christmas and 1 Jack Johnson cds in the player on shuffle, hot cocoa in the mugs, husband and wife in their pajamas, and various ideas for the tree- we set off to "Christmas-tize" our house.
7 comments:
a few things:
i forgot how much i loved your couch
your tree looks delightful
i read your blog!
i didn't forget how much i love you guys
and my 3 gift thing did NOT include stockings, i will always do those!
Your Christmas decorations look great and good for you for getting them up. Carina is still comlaining that we don't have any Christmas decorations up yet, but you can't put up what you don't have yet. You always amaze me too with how great you are at cooking, sewing, and making cute crafts.
amber, amber, amber.....
too bad you can't come and decorate my house. do you think you could come a few weeks early to cheyenne? it's hard for me to get excited about decorating, because i just think about having to take it all down in a few weeks. that's pretty bad. wait a minute, you'll be here when it's time to take the decorations down! i think i will start decorating the house. i think you just inspired me to get a tree, put on the Christmas music, get the hot chocolate going and get excited for Christmas!!
thanks amber. you're the best!
love,
joan
p.s. seriously on monday riv, coco and i are going tree shopping so we can all decorate for family night.
p.p.s you tree looks pretty as usual.
LOVE the Christmas tree! It looks really good with just the silver and gold. I think we have the same tree... I cant wait to get a huge one when we move. And by the way, you can totally put your Christmas decor up before thanksgiving... Tom is against it too though. Whats up with that??
Your little tree is awesome and adorable :). Merry Christmas!
michelle was here.
i am a bad blogger/comment leaver. i love to read - just not write. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and have fun on New Year's with the Lasuras. We love you!
p.s. thanks for the super cute christmas card - aaron was very impressed with the picture.
Yes, it really is me! Hope I didn't send anyone into cardiac
arrest! I love the Christmas Season. I can hardly wait for December 1st to roll around, so we can hang up the advent calendars, bust out the lighted village, decorate the tree and the house, listen to all the Christmas music,
take goodie bags to our friends, and expect all the plates of goodies that our awesome friends bring.(yum yum)
How's that for a run on sentence?
Love the blog! I can't promise I'll check in as much as the professional bloggers, but I'll do me best. And one of these years might even make a Shumway blog.
Jakob wants to say something.
"Hi Uncle Alma and Aunt Amber.
I luv u! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!"
Brett also wants to say...
"I miss you guys soooooooooooooooo much. I also wish you a happy Christmas season, and a happy New Year too. I love you guys a lot.
P. S. That picture of you guys together is uber cute."
Post a Comment