Friday, July 11, 2008

the good ole summertime

There are a lot of fun things I love about being in Chicago during the summertime. Here are just a few.

1. It really isn't that hot here. Sure it is humid, but it is never 115 degrees and it always cools down at night.
2. There is a lot to do here. We recently went to the Taste of Chicago with our good friends the Beaumonts. There are always a lot of people, but in our great wisdom we go on a weekday in the early afternoon. We bought our tickets, and happily spent them on things like ribs, gelato (my favorite this year), cheese fries, italian ice, frozen chocolate covered bananas, and steak tacos. YUM!! There are bands, street performers, and all the interesting "people watching" you can handle, usually more.



3. Fireflies!! If you want to see Amber act like a child, give her a Popsicle and send her outside to watch the fireflies. I had never seen them before, they are so cool. I get excited every time.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds so fun. I am glad you are having a good Summer so far in Chicago.

Anonymous said...

That picture of you with the ribs is classic.