Alma and I often joke that by living in Chicago for the last couple of years our life spans have been slightly reduced for several reasons. 1) The horrible drivers 2) Stress from school 3) extreme cold temperatures but most of all 4) the horrible air!
It is difficult to find fresh air in this big city. If you are taking a walk in the city you are inhaling major exhaust from all of the traffic. If you are trying to walk in the park you are inhaling cigarette smoke from all the people on their breaks. Heaven forbid anyone go outside for some fresh air!! I hate cigarette smoke- I hate how one burning butt can be smelled anywhere in a 10 mile radius. Why can't flowers have that kind of potency? I hate how at my old job the only nurses that got any breaks were those that smoked. I hated having to wash ashtrays as a kid doing dishes. I hated smelling like an ashtray as a kid. I wish people could kick the habit and I will pray in general that they do. It makes me sad to see people be so self-destructive.
No comments:
Post a Comment