It was so nice to be able to enjoy Conference last weekend. Friday night when I got home from work Alma informed me that the internet wasn't working. To which I replied with a mini-tantrum encompassing details such as "...the chairs are so uncomfortable.... don't want to wear church clothes... can't eat peanut butter m&m's at church...uggh!" And so on. You see every since I have ever watched conference I have done so in the comfort of my own home in my PJs eating snacks to ensure maximum attentiveness (you see the snacks cancel out the pjs). I said my prayers before crashing into bed after a long 12 hour shift that the internet would work because we really wanted to watch conference. Saturday morning.... Prayers answered. Internet working beautifully.
Although there were many messages that spoke to me directly, there was none so great as President Monson's talk about Enjoying the Journey. With Alma perpetually busy and us living by the quarter with our time not our own, it has become commonplace for me to always be looking ahead. Past March, when Alma completes the dreaded boards. Past May, when we hope to move into a house of our own in AZ. Past August, when Alma will return from a 3 month rotation in Florida. Past the following May, when Alma will graduate. (see how easy it is?)
I needed to hear "Enjoy the Journey". I needed to hear that I should appreciate the "daily". I know I will miss out on really great things if I don't love the moment I am in. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I think that Elder Bednar's advice of offering an occassional prayer that only gives thanks will help remind me of that.
I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who inspires the messages that we hear at Conference. He knows what we are going through, he wants us to be happy and succeed. He has given us the tools to do so. But he also knows that we are humans and often forget the things we have heard, so in 6 months I am sure to be reminded to {enjoy the journey} .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I too really loved that talk. I have found myself reminding myself all week to stop and enjoy the journey. I want to print the words and hang them all over my home. It was truly such an inspirational and influential talk.
That was a great talk. I needed it too...and I'll need it again in a few months.
Nice post. And I like the smooching picture on your blog too.
I liked that talk as well and thought the message of enjoying the moment was very appropriate in this day and age. Glad you enjoyed it as well.
Well said. Thanks for the great post :).
and to answer your question, "believe it ior not I'm walking on air... who could it be? Believe it or not its just me"
Post a Comment