

Our friend Teresa has been posting childhood pictures of herself and her husband, and I thought it was so cute I would do the same. I was going to do a Halloween one, but couldn't find one for Alma.
But are we so old now that our kid pictures are vintage?
Don't you agree that sometimes it is fun to be carefree like a kid? I love how their smiles come so easy. I love that anything can be fun or turned into a game. I love that they are not preoccupied with looking silly. I admire the people who have kept some part of that perspective on life.
We are taught to humble ourselves and become like a little child. To be teachable, to be forgiving, to love all those around us, to make friends with everyone, and to bring light to the world through our presence in it. Who isn't happy when they hear a child laughing or see a child playing some game they invented?
So act like a kid once in a while. Be spontaneous, laugh, play, and maybe even make up a game. The holidays are the best time for this kind of behavior. Might I suggest the gross food game. A little jewel we enjoyed {ahem, still enjoy} where you take turns coming up with gross food ideas. ie. gravy filled Twinkie, or my personal favorite-- ground beef- as a cereal (Joan gets all the credit for that one, still makes me laugh)
5 comments:
Alma's picture has quite the similarities to the "Scrooge McDuck" photo I know you love! Hope you guys have a fun Halloween! Amber - your hair looks really cute by the way :)(I mean in the more recent pics of you, not the childhood picture,- not that your hair wasn't cute then too)ok now I am rambling and will go away.
the food thing sounds gross, but the pictures are very cute
bryn's favorite game is "my silly sandwich" where she names everything under the sun that does not belong in a sandwich. she loves toejam and peanut butter ones the best. sounds kinda like the gross food game. silly. i loved this post. i love being like a kid again and just enjoying the moment.
i have to say you and alma were/are adorable. you were the cutest little baby with such pretty hair. and i agree with michelle your hair looks HOT!
Love the vintage photos! You two are adorable. I always come to your blog when I need a pick-me-up...very wise words always :).
Love the pictures... You guys are so cute! By the way, I love your halloween costumes too... Very creative. And weird how Alma really does look like Tiger.
Post a Comment