Does anyone remember Sixteen Candles? Of course you do. But what you may not remember is this girl right here, Joan Cusack's character. Not sure if she was debilitated by head gear or some sort of neck brace, but all through the movie I loved watching her struggle to do all sorts of activities- ie drink as shown above. But since Saturday I have felt some intense sympathy for the girl. Waking up Saturday morning with a "crick" in my neck- but going to work to save tiny lives all the same (as long as I never turned my head to the left or looked up at anything). Said "crick" waking me up in the early hours of Sunday morning and putting me out of commission for the last couple of days. I missed church, a birthday celebration (although I did get the benefits of food brought home to me- thanks Teresa!), and 2 days of work. But thanks to rest, an ice pack, my best friend Advil, and my new chiropractor Dr. Jeff-- I am on the mend and can actually tolerate typing this post. Hooray! And to top it all off, we found tickets to Denver for $358!! What's in Denver? Well nothing really that I care about, but the Lasura's are just 2 hours away! We haven't seen Joan in over a year, the boys in 2 years, and little Cora- ever. We are so excited to spend the New Year with them. And if any of you are frustrated at the cost of travel, just keep checking. The day before we booked these great tickets they were $100 more expensive.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
pain in the......neck
Does anyone remember Sixteen Candles? Of course you do. But what you may not remember is this girl right here, Joan Cusack's character. Not sure if she was debilitated by head gear or some sort of neck brace, but all through the movie I loved watching her struggle to do all sorts of activities- ie drink as shown above. But since Saturday I have felt some intense sympathy for the girl. Waking up Saturday morning with a "crick" in my neck- but going to work to save tiny lives all the same (as long as I never turned my head to the left or looked up at anything). Said "crick" waking me up in the early hours of Sunday morning and putting me out of commission for the last couple of days. I missed church, a birthday celebration (although I did get the benefits of food brought home to me- thanks Teresa!), and 2 days of work. But thanks to rest, an ice pack, my best friend Advil, and my new chiropractor Dr. Jeff-- I am on the mend and can actually tolerate typing this post. Hooray! And to top it all off, we found tickets to Denver for $358!! What's in Denver? Well nothing really that I care about, but the Lasura's are just 2 hours away! We haven't seen Joan in over a year, the boys in 2 years, and little Cora- ever. We are so excited to spend the New Year with them. And if any of you are frustrated at the cost of travel, just keep checking. The day before we booked these great tickets they were $100 more expensive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aww, that's so sad... Glad your neck is feeling better! Gotta love Advil.
Glad you are on the mend. It is never fun to have a "crick" in the neck. Hope you have a fun New Years, not to mention Thanksgiving and Christmas as well.
Its great to hear that things are improving for your little neck...and that airfare is dropping from the sky. We missed you Sunday!
What's a happenin hot stuff? Glad your neck is better. Hope you and Alma have a good Thanksgiving:)
Post a Comment