Thursday, February 12, 2009

hurricane? which category?



Alma has always lovingly referred to me as a HURRICANE in the kitchen.
(I included the pictures above to give proof of my disastrous ways in the kitchen, but now I am also realizing that I hate all the cabinets in every apartment I have ever occupied.)
ways in which I resemble a hurricane...
- well, the mess
- there is always water involved
- it can take hours/days to clean up
(okay, it really only takes days if food is flung into a non-obvious area)
- I am filthy and exhausted by the end of the ordeal
- I receive looks of shock and wonder by witnesses

But I will say the end result is almost always delicious, and completely worth the title Alma has given me. I am going to hold out hope that if I ever get the kitchen of my dreams there will be no more hurricane episodes. But who am I kidding? The first step is acceptance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was the messier YOU (as in Amber) make the kitchen the more delicious the food. I think the mess is worth it. The first picture really shows how you earned the name.
Oh your dream kitchen should come with a maid, then you won't have to worry about things like that.

Courtney said...

I don't think it is possible to bake and cook (although baking especially for some reason)without making a mess. It would be nice if you could make the mess and then some magic cleaning fairy could come and clean it all up. Your dream kitchen should include an island, love those.

Angie said...

That is awesome... And youre right, it IS always delicious so dont even worry about it! Keep on baking! ... and giving it away. ;)

Teresa said...

Whatever comes out of this hurricane is a masterpiece, so keep it up...even if it takes a few days to recover from :).

Bekah: said...

amber

i love this post. adored it. i also enjoyed the picture!

i am so a hurricane too.