Friday, May 1, 2009

coming or going?

Forgive me for posting without photos, my computer is on a truck heading to another state....

I am spending my last night in Chicago. It is weird. I am going home, but I am leaving what has been my home for the last 3 years... I have the feeling that I don't know if I am coming or going.

I will miss certain things about Chicago...
-the friends we have made
-looking at the lake (never want to get in it, but it is nice to look at)
-the weather... when it is nice
-the bustle, and all the goings on
-the museums
-the architecture
-the history
-Joy Yee Noodle
-watermelon italian ice
-not really coming to a complete stop at stop signs
-Portillo's cheeseburgers
-Grant Park
-pretty snow (when I am not out in it)
-our ward

There are things I will not miss...
*the traffic and constant noise
*the potholes
*the taxis and buses
*the snow and winter (when I have to go out in it)
*chicago pizza/italian beef (don't believe the hype)
*sharing walls, ceilings and floors with others
*over 10% tax
*corrupt local government officials
*the daily fireworks at us cellular field (home of the white sox)
*parking, parking fees, parking meters
*hording quarters for parking and laundry

To be continued... hopefully with photos

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohh! So exciting! I'm sure we can dig up some snow and italian ice for you down here...

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I've been thinking about you. Hope things are going as planned. I can't wait for the whole list.
Love ya,
Joan

Angie said...

Well, we will certainly miss you guys! Best of luck in Arizona and with your new job!

from Dicy said...

Oh... I agree with you wholeheartedly on the Chicago pizza, but with one exception... you haven't lived until you've eaten Chicago Pizza Oven Grinder. If you haven't already tried it, it's a compelling reason to come back for a visit!

Good luck - we'll miss you terribly!