1. It is hard to take pictures of rooms. I now feel bad for criticizing the pictures that were posted online when we were house hunting.
2. A room that looks cute in person may not translate on film.
3. We are still a work in progress, but this I already knew.
So here is hoping that these pictures do us justice and satisfy those who were interested in seeing the inside of the yellow house.
Master bedroom. I was brave. After 8.5 years living in white/off-white walls we painted 2 blue. And I must say that it is a very soothing and classy blue.
Craft room/office. Definitely a work in progress- though helped along by some sweet finds at Ikea. We have colorful plans for this room- but as we have been bleeding money they will have to wait.
Living room. This one was tough. We have very large furniture, and one wall is staircase and the other is windows, and we didn't want to enclose the room. I like what we settled on. And Giselle is very happy in her new home.
Dining room. Don't worry, we don't have a severe issue with scale- we are just looking for the perfect dinner table. We think we have found it though at Cortate (wholesale baby). We are extremely happy with our art we bought in Nauvoo-- perfect where we put it.
Well that is all for now. Hope you enjoyed the tour. We hope to have a house warming when Alma comes back in the fall from his rotation in Florida (we'll talk about that later).
5 comments:
Looks good. Boy, isn't it such a project to furnish and decorate your first house.
Yay! So excited for your real house! Can't wait to see it. Less than a month until we are in AZ.
I love this post! I love your house! So cute, and you even have a CRAFT ROOM! You have arrived!
I love the new digs, and agree with Teresa - a craft room means you have indeed arrived! No hiding paper and material under beds, in guests bathrooms, or in kitchen cubby holes. Congrats!
Need to see in person.
Post a Comment