Some may call me an impatient driver, but I prefer to think of myself as nostalgic.
Where has the fast lane gone? Remember the days of moving over when someone behind you wanted to drive faster than you did, and remember when others did the same for you?
Why has this practice gone by the wayside? Is it because everyone has become 2 shades more self-absorbed? Is it because they are completely inattentive; distracted by phone calls, portable dvds, make-up applications, and texting. Are they not teaching it in Driver's Ed anymore?
If I can't get the proper division between lanes back, I will settle for people going simply the speed limit. You know when it says 65, drive at least 65. Even through the little areas with cameras. Why are people who are already going 7 miles under the speed limit slamming on their brakes for the cameras? And why are the people who seem uncomfortable behind the wheel at all choosing to practice their driving skills during morning rush hour?
I suppose these are just questions that I am posing to the universe. But seriously, if you see a little silver Honda Civic who is missing her front emblem because some hoodlum is wearing it on a chain around his neck (or I suppose might have gifted it to his baby momma) heading up the I-10 ---speed up to 65 and move to the right. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Totally agree with you. Why don't people who want to drive slower stay in the right lanes. I know that is where the slower drivers are supposed to be--I myself am in that lane sometimes, so why don't other people know that. You would hate driving over by us where even the the speed limit says 45 the elderly people think that means to go 35.
Post a Comment