Some may gasp, some laugh, others run and hide, or lie and cling to 29 for another year.
Not me- I have been looking forward to 30. I think it will be great.
Alma will graduate while I am 30 thus propelling us into another phase of life. {hopefully propelling us all the way to Hawaii for at least a week} We will no longer have to live life by the quarter. And although a good deal of our money will continue to funnel itself toward school (loans) Alma will also have money coming in. Yep- 30 is going to be great.
I should say is already great and was so from the very day it came to be. 2 very good friends went to great lengths to ensure it was so. Marcy and Mary-Grace planned a fantastic day full of fun things I love to do. First stop--- Pedicures. (mine are the light blue ones)
Second stop-- Shopping. Great jeans from the Buckle. Third stop-- Food. Anyone who knows me knows I love food. Fourth stop-- a little gathering in central Phoenix called First Friday. Could also be called "freak show" or some of the best people watching I have done since leaving Chicago. Sadly I have no photos, it was almost too much to take in. Bizarre artwork for example: an entire wall covered with the top half of 2-liter bottles painted to look like breasts. The artist was informing an admirer (male, of course) that the piece was titled Nurse, which is both a noun and a verb. Thanks for the anatomy and language lesson. Bizarre acts for example: a guy walking on glass whilst explaining he needed money to pay his bills. Bizarre people: hair of all colors, piercings in all places, tarantula hair barretts, a guy skateboarding using the power of wind because he had equipped his board with a sail, and so much more. I will definitely go again better mentally prepared to take photos. Fifth stop-- Presents and dessert. Who doesn't love those 2.

These two lovely ladies put together some of my favorite things. I love randomness in gifts. A bunch of tiny little things that remind you of a hundered funny or special times. Some of the things included chocolate, Martinellis, gingersnaps, fresh flowers, oranges, Advil liquigels, and scrapbooking supplies. How great is that?! It is so fun to see how well people know you. And MG made a delicous strawberry trifle with extra whipped cream, and I got the beater. YUM!
5 comments:
Well, HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!! I'm glad you're embracing it... It sounds like you are having a blast! I love your blue toes, and love that Alma planned a cooking class. How cute is that?? And how nice to have such great friends to plan a birthday outing for you!
Happy 30th Birthday!! All of your Birthday/week celebrations sounded like a blast! I am so excited that you and Alma are re-united again, and wish you an amazing year.
Hey Amber, I didn't know you guys had a blog either. Fun, fun. Happy late birthday and welcome to the 30s!
Sounds like a really good one. I'm glad you had fun and that Alma is back. Sorry I was so out of it on you b-day. So many good things to look forward to. :)
Love ya
Happy Birthday!! It looks like it was fabulous!! I turn 30 next year...definately a milestone. It's like we are really grown ups now, though I still don't feel it...not really. Anyhow congrats!! Also I took my blog private and wanted to send you an invited. email me at allisonralphs(at)gmail(dot)com
Post a Comment