Monday, September 21, 2009

Sedona

In our attempts to show our Canadian friends Arizona-y type things we took a little day trip up to Sedona.


(this is Ronnie and Dave, the Canadians I was telling you about)

Let's face it, the red rocks of Sedona are beautiful. Only problem was nature seemed to be "full" that weekend. It was difficult to find a decent parking place to get out and hike, but we made the most of it.



We had Krispy Kreme donuts in the car on the way up, listened to music, played Mad Libs, laughed, hiked, ate our picnic lunch, spotted lots of lizards, watched a rainstorm blow through the town, and had Dairy Queen on the way home. All in all a very successful day trip.


Here is the picture that Alma took before dropping the camera on the rocks. It still turns on, but the funtion is questionable at best. We have been meaning to get a new one as it is. Good part is he was being noble trying to keep me from falling in the freezing water when I stood up on that slippery looking rock.



When we aren't "day-tripping", this is what the boys do. That's right, they are wearing matching school shirts and playing video games. I am chalking it up as good practice if I should ever have teenage sons.



On a much girlier side note, I got this awesome argyle pedicure courtesy of a birthday present from my sis-in-law Maren. Awesome. Best paint job ever! If I hadn't driven there with the idea of a pink and red argyle design, who knows what I would have come out with. So many designs. I already know what I am getting at Christmas time.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like a fun time in Sedona, where did you guys go? Cute pedi too, never would have thought of that design but it looks great.

Angie said...

I am loving your argyle toes! Very girlie and cute. And I'm glad you had fun in Sedona. It looks beautiful!

Now I want Krispy Kreme too.

Teresa said...

You have such cute toes! The paint job is awesome too, can't wait for your christmas pedi! Its neat to see some of the tourist hot spots in AZ.