Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Magic Eraser


There are commercials that I hate and I pretend that I don't use those products based on principal (like SafeAuto), and there are commercials that are hilarious and I love but still don't buy those products based on principal (sadly most of the good commercials are beer ads). There are ridiculously long commercials of products I would love to buy (The Toby steamer) but cannot afford.
Occasionally I allow advertising to work its magic. I recently saw a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser commercial. I had seen previous commercials showing the eraser's usefulness at removing scuffs and marks on walls. But the current commercial showed its effectiveness on removing built up soap scum. So I thought I would try it.
The Magic Eraser is Amazing!! or rather the generic Target brand magic eraser is amazing. I don't know what it is made out of or if it contains chemicals, but it took care of business. It is my second favorite thing in my cleaning caddy (nothing can ever replace you, Clorox Cleanup with Bleach).
So thank you advertisers for creating the commercial. Thank you Mr. Clean for your genius invention. And thank you Target for making a cheaper generic version that I wasn't afraid to spring for.
Now if they could make one that worked on love-handles, hips and thighs.....

5 comments:

Heidi said...

love the magic eraser. love it!

Courtney said...

I love the effectiveness of the magic eraser too. However, it always seems to fall apart after just a few scrubs, maybe I need to buy a more heavy duty one. Never tried it on soap scum before, but I have heard it is great.

Angie said...

Amen to that... i would definitely buy that kind of magic eraser. The original is pretty good though too.. And they make a target brand??! That just made my day.

Teresa said...

Thanks for the idea...I was completely out of the magic eraser loop until now. I guess I need to pay more attention to commercials! It is now on my target list!

from Dicy said...

I love these! Almost as much as scrubbing bubbles on shower doors!