Thank you for ringing up my purchase this week. Although not quickly done, it was correctly done.
But I don't wish to discuss your actual performance so much as your conversation skills.
I appreciate that at the end of your day you were smiling and pleasantly attempting to make conversation with your customers, but let's discuss your tactics.
First, examining each of my purchases such as you did might not be the way to go, and not only for the sake of time. Because I wasn't buying anything super personal I didn't mind that much, this time.
Second, holding up my container of roasted red pepper hummus and declaring "I don't even know what this is.. I mean it looks like peanut butter and jelly, but I know it isn't peanut butter and jelly" was a little disconcerting. Refer to my first point and you might begin to understand some conversations are best left IN our heads.
And lastly, a simple "Good Night" or "Thanks for shopping at Target" would be a perfect farewell. "Enjoy your mixture-- what is that stuff called anyway?" was really better left unsaid. And although I answered your question I don't think I really taught you anything that night.
Good Luck Target check out girl. May you grow wiser with each person you help. And heaven help your customers buying anything from the pharmacy aisles.
xoxo
Amber
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is halarious! possibly holiday help?!
Haha, this cracked me up! Wow. Yes, I would probably steer clear of her check-out aisle next time you buy "personal" products.
once i had a prescription for hemorrhoid cream called "anal pram". I don't think you are supposed to tell people that..but analpram...come on! That would have made great check out conversation. I also enjoyed talking to the check out girl at K mart when I bought an enema. We did not discuss the enema, but thankful it was a double pack. One for me and one for Nate. (we never used the enema, but someone told me if I was going to be induced, I should have an enema first. I went into labor on my own. So free enema's if you want them. Did I mention it is a double pack?
I want in on Heidi's enemas. After all, a friend of yours is an enema of mine. WHAT! That was awesome.
Also, Harrison's favorite hummus flavor is roasted red pepper. Match made in heaven.
Amber I loved this story. Sooooooooo funny.
Post a Comment