Recently I was tooling around the office. I of course had music going in the background-- it is rare when I don't. Sometimes music touches me the most when I am not really paying attention to it. I suddenly found myself frozen in my activity and just listening to the words. The song was "Waiting for my Real Life to Begin" by Colin Hay (from Men at Work), and it struck me that this could be my theme song.
"Any minute now my ship is coming in, I'll keep checking the horizon...."
More times than not I am guilty of not living in the moment, but waiting for those promised moments to come. I have missed out on a lot by having this attitude. It is true that I am waiting for my real life to begin-- my life after school. We can see the light growing brighter at the end of the ever shrinking tunnel. We are making graduation plans, we are booking tickets, and we are even planning a long awaited vacation. But I have to remind myself that there are also great and amazing things happening right now. I have daily reminders of the blessings I have-- family, friends, home and job.
"Just be here now..."
This is my goal-- to be here now. Enjoy what there is to enjoy in every day. I think it will make it even sweeter when my real life begins.
5 comments:
Well said!!!
I feel you... Thanks for the reminder!
I never would have thought that about you. You seem to find joy in a lot of the day to day stuff that some take for granted. I always enjoy reading your blog because you and Alma seem so happy in each other's company. I love that you make aprons, carve pumpkins, and have game night. Boban is not into that so I find myself forcing a 2 and 4 year old to do all that stuff!!! I love your blogs and i think you are amazing. Keep up being YOU!!!!
PS - your son is doing well and getting super HUGE!!!
I definitely hear you on this one! Its easy to not live in the moment when there are years of school ahead. We miss you guys!
You should you tube the song "be here now" by Mason Jennings, it fits perfectly with this post.
Post a Comment