Thursday, January 7, 2010

something strange is a foot

Something strange is happening... in my silverware drawer.
Odd, you say? I totally agree.

Suddenly we have way more large forks then came in the package 9 years ago.
Here is where it get weirder... we have an equal number of missing small spoons.
Sensing that I prefer to eat with the large spoons, have the small spoons gone on strike?
Or have they gone through a utensil rite of passage and transformed into forks?
Let's face it, being a fork is like being in the major league. You really do get most of the action.

Or maybe this is just one of those household phenomenon like the dryer that eats your socks.
Next step is to get to the bottom of this, but how? Nanny cam in the drawer? Should I tag the utensils?

Or should I regain some sanity and just buy more spoons.
See what happens when I have to live by myself.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

That is quite odd. Are the "new" forks the same pattern as your other ones?

Bekah: said...

Hilarious. Here is the "Amber wit" I love so much. I think the spoons came to my house where they knew they'd be loved by me.

Thank you for the lovely time last night. I laughed the whole way home...but don't worry I didn't pee my pants.

Laughter really is the best medicine, that was just what I needed last night!

Angie said...

Very bizarre! And a little creepy. You'll have to let us know how that goes...