Friday, August 22, 2008

Flowers

Sometimes when you are at Sam's Club you've just got to buy yourself some flowers. I love having fresh flowers in the house. They always make me smile when I see them or walk past them and catch their scent. I think when we are done with school and significantly less poor, I will have fresh flowers in the house all of the time.

I also love flowers outside. These are the flowers that I planted when we got back from our trip to AZ. (Because of course after 7 days of no water- my other plants died) So Alma and I go to Home Depot, not sure of what we wanted beyond "a sturdy colorful flower". While walking around the nursery department I spotted these "mums", though none of the plants had care tags. You know, the little plastic tags that tell you what kind of sun or shade the plant likes and how big they get, you know- all the crucial info to keeping these plants healthy and alive.
So we ask for some help and the cashier calls for a specialist in the garden dept. Well after waiting for over 5 min he shows up and says, "They're Mums, they go outside!" And when I pointed out another flower I admired, also without a tag, he said, "I am not going to lie, I have no idea. But they are probably like the mums."
So taking this vastly expert advice into consideration, I bought the Mums and put them outside. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

MichelleY said...

Hope your mums last longer than mine do - half a day on the front porch :) Gotta love the AZ sun!! Congratulations on your new neice, congrats to Joe and Joan.

Sarah Beau Bera said...

I was at Sammy's Club today and saw some HOT pink roses and considered buying them just for the opportunity to walk through the door and say "Jared you bought me flowers thank you I love you". I didn't buy them though. Now I am off to look at Joan's blog.