Wednesday, September 10, 2008

4th Year = Nervous tummy

So for the last couple of months it has been a little stressful at our house- solely for the reason that we have been trying to plan Alma's 4th year rotations. {Background}: Alma's entire 4th year consists of 4 12-week externships in which he must fulfill certain requirements set by the school. So we set about coming up with a detailed plan about where he should go and when, but then you fill out this paper and turn it in, and it is down to the luck of the draw.
Here is how our {LUCK} turned out:

Summer (starting May '09)- Daytona Beach, Fl
Fall- Mesa, AZ
Winter- IEI, Chicago IL
Spring- Mesa, AZ

So now we have to decide {when} we move back to AZ and {where} we move. And I have to find a good {job} that is DAY shift. Not to mention millions of other things. So there is potential of us moving back to AZ much sooner than expected. I am finding it as overwhelming as I did when we moved to Chicago, weird huh? If anyone has any brilliant ideas I would appreciate hearing them, sometimes being outside of the situation affords you more clarity. We'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

MichelleY said...

How exciting!! You guys are coming back soon! If you need help with anything let us know - we can look around for you guys:) There are still TONS of great deals everywhere! Good luck with all your planning.

Courtney said...

Hey, our community is really great if you don't mind living out in the desert and by us:) Good luck with anything sorry I don't have anything else insightful to say about the situation.

Angie said...

I have a brilliant idea... DON'T MOVE! We will miss you guys in our ward too much.

Alright, I guess it is SEMI-important for Alma to do his fourth year and for you guys to stay together... So good luck i guess! ;)

morgan larsen said...

so um, this is a little awkward but i feel like i should say it anyway... why did you never tell me that you had a blog and why are we not included in your blog friend list??? i am very hurt right now and will try my best to get over it but i am not sure it is possible.

morgan larsen said...

just to spite you i added you as a friend on our blog WITHOUT asking permission, so take that!

Teresa said...

I vote for you living up the summer in Florida on the beach...and then starting a job in AZ :). Ultimately it will be so sad to lose you guys one year early, but sounds like you have some incredible opportunities.

Marko said...

Out of 4 seasons, you get the winter in Chicago?????