Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Saving Tiny Lives

So Monday was Neonatal Nurses' Day! We were treated with bagels at work, and my wonderful husband bought me flowers which I received upon being picked up from work. It is very nice to be appreciated for the hard work we put forward. But what is even better is seeing the little lives that were once so fragile grow big and strong and rambunctious. My life has been more blessed by the contact I have had with these families than I am sure their lives have ever been touched by my involvement. I am grateful for what I have learned from every situation I have ever been in: the good and the bad, the happy and the tragic. Not just for the clinical knowledge I have gained, but for the life lessons I have learned. So here is to Saving Tiny Lives, and for everything they add to mine!

6 comments:

Bekah: said...

ohh Amber I didn't know there was such a day but it is a very well deserved day! Thanks for being my personal nurse and answering all my questions! I remember how much comfort the NICU nurse offered me when Aevy was intubated.

from Dicy said...

Here, here! You know I have a special place in my heart for neonatal nurses. Thanks for all you do!

JC said...

'brosia...i didn't know that there was such a day, but you know that you will always be remembered in our family as the nurse who cared for our little half breeds. addy and squid may never realize how much you and the other NICU nurses gave us comfort when they were born so early. we miss you guys! the Chungs.

Sarah Beau Bera said...

What kind of person does it take to be a nurse. Aside from a smart one. See the thing is I didn't obtain a degree because I didn't think I would be working but looks like I will be working - so talk to me about nursing will ya? sjhendrickson@gmail.com

Marko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marko said...

Here is to all the NICU nurses, you guys are amazing!!!!! We can't thank you enough for comfort and care you provided to Olivia and us during her stay in the NICU. We'll make sure that Viva la Diva knows about people that took care of her during her first 3 months on this earth.