skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Margie- What a Gal!!
So one day I say, "Let's go get some fun ice cream!" and the next thing I know Alma was on the computer searching for a fun ice cream place. I have often joked that to get Alma's attention I would say "Ice Cream" really loud, and then when I knew he was listening I would tell him what I really wanted to say, like "Can you take out the trash?" This is just further proof that this may be a great technique for ending the battle of "you're not listening to me!". Anyway, I digress.There were a couple of options we thought about trying, but Margie's Candies was opened the latest- so that is where we went. We are SO glad we did!The place was busy, and there was a bit of a wait, but it was well worth it. They have a huge menu that could please even the pickiest of dessert eaters. It is kind of tiny inside, and you definitely experience a time warp when you walk through the door (could use a decor update- but then they would probably charge more and you could never get a table- never mind don't change a thing!) The ice cream is great and they make all of their own toppings.
Here are Alma, Lindsaey and Jim. See them all grinning in anticipation? There are no pictures after we started eating because it was all business from there. Great times, great friends, and great ICE CREAM. Thanks Margie- you are quite the woman!
5 comments:
we love margie's too! some day we'll take the girls there and let them feast on the ice cream. when can we see you and alma?
me want some ice cream now. So, you live in CHICAGO?
ohhhhhhhh YUMMY!!! that sounds so wonderfully, fabulously delish...
and yet another reminder to me not to judge a cafe by its interior because i probably would have walked out.
Mmm, ice cream. It looks so good, made me want to have a banana split.
MMMMMMM, great work with your "fun ice cream place" search. This best kept ice cream secret
is definitely making our hit list! Thanks for doing all of the investigating!
Post a Comment