Friday, May 7, 2010

for your viewing pleasure

Recently... these guys (otherwise known as US) went to dinner with



these guys... otherwise known as Sam and Maren. The occasion: Maren's birthday. The place: Prescott. The restaurant: Taj Mahal.



The food was delicious-- all you can eat Tikka Masala. (future reminder to self- rice expands in the belly). And as if time with Sam and Maren isn't fun enough, there was entertainment!



Here is a belly dancer in full swing. I am not afraid to admit that it was super awkward at first, and the music was incredibly loud. But when we realized how much the guy at the other table was enjoying the show it became very very entertaining. (the man I am referring to is hidden behind the dancer in this photo)
I am not sure if he had already eaten or if he was waiting for his food, but he sure didn't seem to remember that he was in a restaurant. He would swivel in his chair to maintain the dancer in full view at all times. He was definitely as entertaining to us as she was to him.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Awesome story. I love the random belly-dancer fan. How did the board go for Alma?

Angie said...

Haha, you crack me up Amber. I always love your stories. And what a CUTE picture of you & Alma... It must be great to be back together!

MichelleY said...

belly dancers....might need to keep Aaron away from that one, sounds too much like the Tilted Kilt :) hope you guys have an awesome trip next week and CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichelleY said...

i realize i spelled congrats wrong to the untamed eye....but i wanted to make it special for alma's big day.