Friday, May 14, 2010

A lifetime in the making



We are off to Chicago for graduation! I can hardly believe it. If I didn't hate being pinched so much I would make it my request just to snap out of this surreal feeling. What a long road it has been. I am so incredibly proud of Alma-- what an amazing achievement. He amazes me daily at the time and effort he puts in and how much knowledge he has gained from his hard work.

We are so excited to move on with our lives and stop living by the school calendar. But right now we are more excited to go and do all of our favorite Chicago things and see some of our favorite people. Please wish us luck with regards to our cameras. We have bad luck with pictures during special events, ie- no pictures from our honeymoon, and I was sick when I graduated and have no pictures of Alma and I together.

We are so grateful to everyone who supported us, who befriended us, who prayed for us and wished us well during this journey. We have amazing friends and family.

Now my real life begins..... and it is going to be fantastic!
Next time you hear from me, I'll be a Doctor's wife!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Have fun in Chicago! Congratulations again.

Teresa said...

Congratulations Alma! Wish we could be there to celebrate in Chi-town with you. Best wishes with Real Life...I don't get to think about that one for 2 more years :). I can't wait to see the pictures!

Johnny and Betsye Park said...

Congratulations, Alma! We're so happy for the both of you! Miss you!

sasha said...

Amber - congrats to you both. I know you are very proud of your hubby. Hope you are all well and happy in AZ. Peanut is a giant!!! He is growing so fast - walking, running, playing with Tea and Niki. You wouldnt believe him if you saw him. I'm not even going to mention sending you photos since i STILL havent done it since the last time I promised! Just know you are in out thoughts!!!!

Angie said...

Congratulations to you both!!! That is an amazing achievement. Way to go! And have fun in Chicago too!!! Wish we were there to see you guys.