Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 equals Ten



Next week is our 10th wedding anniversary.
10th! Crazy.
What did I do to get so lucky?
Story Time (warning: I am feeling sappy so feel free to navigate away from this page)
So we met at a high school homecoming game, but don't ask him because that is not how he remembers it. Used to be a sore subject, now it is just funny. Love at first sight? Not really, but definitely notice at first sight- I mean how can you miss that giant grin and contagious laugh?
Fast forward a little- good friends, but he is constantly surrounded by other girls with better hair and straighter teeth. Fast forward a little more and he is in Brasil, and I am busy with school but always remember to write all my friends. (okay, some more than others)
Hit that FF button again and he is home and we are dating. Crazy. Thanks to some good advice and the overwhelming power of true love I realize that not all marriages end in divorce and it is worth taking the chance before this guy gives up on me. We got married and the real adventure began!
No one could be better for me. Without truly being able to understand my difficult upbringing he accepts me completely, including my every quirk that is its product. He thinks I am funny. He thinks I am pretty. He thinks I am a good cook. He is the only one that can call me out and tell me to settle down, especially when I need it. He tolerates it when I think that I am justifiably on fire. He puts snacks in the glove box because he knows I just really need to eat to realize that everyone on the freeway isn't an idiot. He thanks me for the things I do, and he tells me he loves me. He laughs at me when I cry for no reason, which always makes me laugh. He takes me to bed when I fall asleep on the couch. When he packs my lunch he rolls my silverware up in a napkin. He does a million little things all of which I need to be more grateful for.
He loves me without conditions, and I never knew what that was like. My heart could explode I love him so much.

Now to disengage your gag reflexes and not be that girl who is all puppy dogs and sunshine about her husband... the mere fact that he wants a dog kind of bugs me sometimes. Could he be more romantic? Sure, yes. Definitely yes. But my views are a little skewed, I do read Jane Austen after all. Do I have to repeat myself? A lot? To get him to hear me? Yes. But I said it before and I'll say it again. He is perfect for me.
Ten on our way to infinity.









11 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, you are so cute amber! Great post. You always make me laugh, even when you are being "sappy." Happy Anniversary!

Courtney said...

Awww. Happy 10th!

MichelleY said...

So sweet, happy 10 years Yaka! You two are perfect for each other, love you guys!

Bekah: said...

happy, happy 10!!!

Johnny and Betsye Park said...

LOVE this Amber!! Congrats - you two are inspiring! xoxoxo

Teresa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I love this post. Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a great celebration.

Becca M said...

Holy crap, this is adorable. I love it so much. Congratulations you two!

sasha said...

Happy Anniversary. I love reading your posts. It makes me happy which in turn makes me not want to kill Boban. Anyway, hope you both have a great new year. Hope you got the kids' Christmas card. More photos on the way - that is my resolution this year. Take Care!!!!

from Dicy said...

Happy 10th - you are such a great couple! One question: Are those napkins in your lunchbox properly pressed?

Wish our trip in AZ had been longer - We miss you guys!

Rich and Crys said...

Sister FRIEND! You need to post again. Glad we are blog buddies now. ;) You and Alma are so stinkin' cute together. Ten years is a long time... way to go, and STILL so in la-la-love!? That's awesome.

You know what else is awesome? Super-sweet friends who drop by your house at night right about when your sugar craving hits and deliver fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Thanks girl. It was SUCH a nice little surprise! Love ya! :)

Courtney said...

I think it is time to post again. Can'wait to see what you are up to.